Mibiton Share gives companies and knowledge institutions in Life Sciences the opportunity to invest together in equipment or facilities for a maximum amount of € 650,000. A minimum of two contract partners make use of the equipment or facilities.
Investments are made in development and production equipment or in facilities with an (inter)national character. This fund is also open to young spin-offs that share equipment with research institutions.
We offer an investment (financial lease), which is to be repaid in up to five years, including a market-based interest on the outstanding amount. After one year, the outstanding financing can be (partially) repaid early without penalty. We can agree on a grace period of up to one year if necessary for the cash flow of your company.
The acceptance of an application for our consideration is subject to a number of conditions.
- The fund is open to organisations active in Life Sciences, such as biomedical sciences, chemistry, food, agro or environmental technology.
- At least two organisations must use the equipment and at least one of these must be an SME. The other organisation must be an SME or a knowledge institution.
- The equipment or facilities structurally contribute to the development and/or production capacity of the SME organisation. This means that the SME makes at least 25% use of the equipment or facilities for development and/or production activities in the field of Life Sciences.
- Based on evidence, the applicant has sufficient cash flow to finance the remaining operational activities.
- The scheme is open to start-ups that have a strong link with a knowledge institution and who, for example, want to conduct a ‘proof of concept’ study using the equipment or facilities.
Even if you meet the above conditions, the application will ultimately be assessed by the board and the final decision will be made during the board meeting.
What is the procedure of the application?
We will go through the steps with you.
First please complete our online Quick-scan form or receive it by email request. Our investment manager will check the application against the fund's criteria. After a positive assessment, we will send you an invitation for an online introductory interview.
During the online introductory interview, we discuss the intended investment, conditions and procedure. This is followed by a positive or negative assessment.
After the intake interview, we will decide whether the application is feasible. You and the investment manager will draw up a complete application. This will be made up of a power point-business plan and financial information, including a solid cash-flow forecast. During the process, the investment manager will visit your company. No later than two weeks before the board meeting, all documents will be available electronically (see Calendar).
During the board meeting, you will be asked to explain the application verbally and the board members will ask questions. The board assesses the application, after which the final decision is made.
Within two weeks after the board meeting, you will receive the decision in writing. One of the following four decisions will be given: a) unconditional award;
b) award under conditions, such as obtaining additional funding; c) rejection, however, with the possibility to reapply if you meet specific conditions;
d) unconditional rejection, no second chance.
We treat the investment application confidentially at all stages. A confidentiality statement is available upon request. The investment application procedure takes a maximum of two months.
Upon approval of the grant, a lease agreement will be drawn up and we request a liquidity forecast every quarter. Every year, your company must issue a report with financial data and information about the use of the equipment or facilities. The investment manager will visit your company annually and report to the Board.
End of repayment
After payment, legal ownership of the equipment or facility is transferred for a small fee.